Second Wind

Second Wind
"Run With Purpose!"

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Superlatives:

Over the past few years I've reviewed dozens of products on this blog (more new ones coming in all the time - in fact I'm working on reviews for a new water bottle and a new line of truly minimalist dress shoes right now).

I'm currently working on a piece that I'm pretty excited about - I'll be laying out the "Best of the Best" in several categories from all the products that I've tried over the last 2-3 years.  Many of the ones I would have felt sure would have been winners when I first got them in didn't even make the list 2 years later.

That's what I like about this:  all of us have had products that we LOVED when we first got them, and then 3 months, 6 months, 2 years, heck, 2 Weeks later they were completely disposable again.  So this takes the quick reviews (I wait 2 months to post reviews so I have enough time to fully test to try to cut this down as much as possible) and shows where the products Really stack up 2 years later.

The categories:

Best road specific shoe
Best trail specific shoe
Best Crossfit/gym specific shoe
Best boot
and the "If I could only buy ONE pair of shoes to do EVERYTHING in" shoe
Best compression company
Best non-compression apparel company

(am I leaving anything out?)


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just noticed as I was checking back to reference something from this post that I answered in non-reply format.... my bad.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, sorry Kyle, I responded but see now it's not showing up:

    Electronics would be an excellent category, however I'm honestly just not qualified to do such a review as I really haven't had near enough experience in testing electronics.
    I have one GPS, I've had a couple MP3 players (which were all various iPods), and a couple pairs of earbuds... hardly enough to really help anyone; certainly not enough to attempt to name a "best".

    Sounds like I need a Suunto expert to guest blog that category ;)

    ReplyDelete