Second Wind

Second Wind
"Run With Purpose!"

Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions / 30 Feats of Strength for 30

So, I'm curious how many of you do resolutions each year...
Some people do them every year, without fail, in fact, the only thing that fails is, well, all of their resolutions.

I am not, nor have I ever been a proponent in the NYR, but it doesn't bother me for people who do (as the man in black would say "get used to disappointment")

However, with that said, I am embarking on a new journey this year and it does happen to correspond with (around) new years:
My birthday is in early January and this year I am turning 30.  What does that mean?  It's funny to google turning 30 and see that for men 30 is supposed to be the melt down crisis (research shows that women breeze by 30 like it's nothing and freak out at 40, men completely freak out at 30 and breeze by 40... whatever) and though I am not planning a psycho-billy-freakout, I do want to do 'something'.

So, here's my plan:

For the next year, for the time that I am 30, I want to complete "30 Feats of Strength for 30" all revolving around... 30 (or 300, or 3,000).  I'm still ironing out the list but will post it soon enough and then I will chronicle this journey.  I am intentionally making the list things I have never done (have never been able to do) and that I believe I actually can Not do (yes, I am violating the fuzzy "only make goals you can accomplish" foolishness of the NYR).

So, have any suggestions?  I need some good ones ;)

Also, one of you twitter people (of which I suck) come up with a great hashtag for this (somehow "great hashtag" feels like an oxymoron...)


No comments:

Post a Comment