Second Wind

Second Wind
"Run With Purpose!"

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Motivation (motivational quotes)

and not the T.I. song.

Sometimes you just need a little motivation, and I am a sucker for good quotes.

Today I'll share 20 of my favorites (in no particular order):


  1. Those who say it can not be done should not get in the way of those who are doing it
  2. Falling down is how we grow, staying down is how we die
  3. You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it
  4. Pain is inevitable but misery is optional.  We cannot avoid pain, but we can avoid joy if we choose to.
  5. The price of anything is the amount of life you are willing to exchange for it.
  6. We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
  7. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do
  8. Success consists of going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm
  9. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
  10. Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right.
  11. Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.
  12. Never judge the one who tried and failed, judge the one who failed to try at all.
  13. Adversity introduces a man to himself
  14. Opposition doesn't built character, it reveals it.
  15. Fear is a liar.
  16. Don't strive for perfection, strive for progress
  17. If you are never failing then you are never trying hard enough.
  18. 'Obsessed' is the word lazy people use to describe the dedicated.
  19. Don't stop when you're tired, stop when you're finished.
  20. I do because I can.  I can because I want to.  I want to because you said I couldn't.


2 comments: