Second Wind

Second Wind
"Run With Purpose!"

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

VMC 5k Captain's luncheon


The VMC race is upcoming and this year they are having 2 separate races:  the regular 5k and this year they're adding a "doughnut dash" (run, snarf down 24 Dunkin Donut Munchkins, and dash back).  The race is on Saturday Sept. 29th and the Captains meeting is Thursday, August 9th at noon (lunch on them) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Knoxville, TN.  I will be there, along with Kim and Lori.

Here are the details for the captains luncheon:


The luncheon is on Thursday, August 9th at Noon at the Crowne Plaza.  As always, come and enjoy lunch on us and learn all about being a team captain. 

I also wanted to let you all know that we have added another race this year.  The First Annual Dunkin’ Donut Dash will take place immediately following the 5K Race.  The Dunkin’ Donut Dash is a 5K with the additional challenge of eating 24 Dunkin’ Donut Munchkins in the middle of the race.  I know what all of you are thinking – I promise it will be fun and something unique to offer to the teenagers and college kids we all know. 

If you aren’t able to make it but want to be a captain, just let me know and we can work something out.

Also, if you aren’t interested in participating this year, let me know so that I can remove you from my list.

Please RSVP to me by August 8th and I hope that all of you can make it! 

kharper@vmcinc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment