Second Wind

Second Wind
"Run With Purpose!"

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Product Review 1: Zensah Compression Calf Sleeves

Compression Calf Sleeves




Here’s what I found:
The calf sleeves were the 1 piece of compression gear I was most interested in as (running barefoot or in VFF) my calves often suffer from DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). The Zensah sleeve fit great! The height was perfect and I could tell that it had elasticity built in to allow for varying lengths (knee to ankle). I was very happy with the level of compression as well – it Did compress (and I could feel Zensah’s ‘gradient compression’) but it did Not squeeze. What I’ve found is that many ‘cheap’ compression companies just squeeze you to death and call it a day, which hurts, restricts movement, restricts bloodflow, etc. But in the Zensah, the fit was extremely comfortable.
Also, they stayed put! I never once had to bend down and pull them back up where they had slid down (or down to get them where I wanted on my ankle) – they fit like second skin!
Not only did they feel comfortable, but I do feel that it did reduce my post race soreness as well as DOMS, allowing me to recover quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment