Second Wind

Second Wind
"Run With Purpose!"

Thursday, June 16, 2011

And now for something different...

My Summer Product Review Board has completely taken over this blog recently! Though I love doing it, and have received such great feedback (thanks!) on the reviews, I felt the burning desire to, no matter how short, have something other than a product review appear at least somewhere on the blog!

Soooo, with that said: I have had such a great start to summer here. Despite the heat (We hit 99 degrees almost a Month ago and it's been mid to high 90's almost everyday since), I am really enjoying my time out on the roads!

I've had a really awesome opportunity to work with some great people to foster their running. For the last 6 or 8 weeks I've been working with a group of about 10 people (5 of them very closely) who I go to church with. It's been a free 9 week training course on running (which I have Loved) with people who have, mostly, Never run before. ever. So I started them off training their form, teaching them about the minimalist style, practicing barefoot running, and building their way up. I told them that I could take them from having never run, not currently doing anything athletic at all, to running a 5k in (comfortably) 7-9 weeks (depending on if they did 3 days a week or 4 days a week). I have LOVED going out and running with them; there is nothing better than seeing the 'lightbulb' come on!

Remember, we are often thought of as crazy. 'Crazy' leads to curiosity. From there, it's a short leap (or stride) to conversion ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment